Technical Service Analyst
This vacancy has expired and you can now no longer apply, to view similar current vacancies please use the link provided below.
View similar vacancies
||27 January 2012
||Network Rail Ltd
As Information Management, our purpose is to deliver World Class information, technology & business solutions that add value across Network Rail in the most cost-effective and efficient way. To achieve this, we aim to have the right people, information, tools & services in place. In recognition of our achievements we have recently been awarded ‘Best Place to work in IT: 2009’ across the Government & Public Services sector by Computer Weekly.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Service Analyst, covering desktop, platform and enterprise applications, with capability in Major incident Management to work within our 24x7 Shift Team. Your technical awareness and knowledge of desktop software will enable us to provide an exceptional service to customers. You will have significant experience in providing remote support with a range of technologies including Windows XP, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Server 2003, TCP/IP and Networking, mobile computing technologies and Symantec anti virus products. ITIL Incident management experience or out of hours Shift Leader / Duty Manager experience is essential.
As an enthusiastic and customer focussed IT professional you will have evidence of working in a busy and challenging environment delivering support to a significant customer base against agreed service levels. You will have strong interpersonal skills as your ability to communicate, diagnose issues and find solutions will be critical, as will your ability to drive the resolution of service impacting Incidents during Out of Hours periods.
Job Purpose & Key Accountabilities:-
On a shift basis, working a mix of 7 hour and 12 hour shifts across a 6 week rotational period, providing 24 x7 service centre technical support and resolution of incidents using remote management techniques
Providing Major Incident of all service-affecting incidents received out of standard office hours from the point of assessing business impact and escalating to third party groups appropriately
Remotely monitor and Identify infrastructure elements when approaching thresholds taking relevant action on alerts in alignment with established procedures including data management of NR located servers
Providing technical support assistance of root cause analysis of Problems and devising solutions to minimise effects on operations
- Excellent Knowledge of Windows XP, Active Directory, Exchange and Server 2003 platform
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Desktop software including deployment
- Experience of Backup Software ideally HP Data Protector
- TCP/IP & Networking, Mobile Computing Technologies (Blackberry and Wireless), Laptop, Desktop & Printer Connectivity
- Experience of Networking diagnostic tools ideally CISCO Works
- Symantec AV and Operational security management tools with deployment of security patches
· Technical problem solving skills
· Displays incident ownership capabilities/responsibilities
· Highly effective communicator, ability to influence outside own Team
· ITIL Incident management experience or out of hours Shift Leader / Duty Manager experience
· Role model in customer service to both internal and external customers
· Committed to personal development and self improvement
· Self starter requiring little supervision
What can we offer you….?
At Network Rail, you have the chance to develop a long, rewarding career. There are many different career paths - and many opportunities to fulfill your potential. After all, we believe that investing in our people via training and development is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railways. You can expect competitive pay, a bonus scheme and a choice of contributory pension schemes. We also offer a generous annual leave package, plus up to 75% discount on season rail tickets.
People who looked at this rail vacancy were also interested in...