Testing and Commissioning Manager
This vacancy has expired and you can now no longer apply, to view similar current vacancies please use the link provided below.
View similar vacancies
||6 December 2011
||Siemens Rail Automation Holdings Ltd
• To ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are complied with both at the Site Depot and work sites.
• To promote a zero accident / incident culture and environment.
• To manage testing and commissioning in accordance with the Project programme and budget requirements.
• To ensure that testing and commissioning is carried out and recorded in accordance with correct and up to date drawings, plans, specifications and computer software and data.
• To ensure that the quality of the testing and commissioning is in accordance with Invensys Rail, Client, Manufacturers and Legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards.
• To support the ATC Testing and Commissioning Manager in the static and dynamic testing of train carried equipment implemented by the Client and / or design office testers.
• To support the testing of the Operations Control Centre implemented by design office testers.
• To liaise with the appropriate Project Engineering Manager and design engineers in respect of design issues associated with testing.
• To liaise with the Site Manager and installation engineers in respect of installation issues associated with testing.
• To ensure serial numbers are added to the asset management database as each item of equipment is installed by test engineers or replaced following changes or failure.
• To maximise the efficiency of site testing resources under their control.
• To oversee timekeeping and discipline of allocated staff.
• To undertake regular audits of the testing and commissioning operation to ensure Invensys Rail, Client, Manufacturers and Legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards are being complied with.
• To establish and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with the Client and with subcontractors and other third parties interfaces.
• To certify the system and / or systems are fit for purpose and formally handover to the Client.
To be allocated throughout the duration of the project from the start of system testing or the Derby Test Track testing whichever comes first.
• Experience in site testing of metro railway signalling projects for the testing and commissioning period of the project lifecycle.
• A thorough grounding in the requirements for site testing activities as laid down in Invensys Rail, customer, national and international standards and procedures as part of the overall project lifecycle.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills associated with managing allocated staff and contractors, other functions within Invensys Rail and the customer.
• Strong people management skills.
• Experience in on London Underground.
• Experience in working on similar Computer Based Automatic Train Control Systems.
People who looked at this rail vacancy were also interested in...