Driver Line Manager
This vacancy has expired and you can now no longer apply, to view similar current vacancies please use the link provided below.
View similar vacancies
||Greater London, England
||£34k - 36k per year
||16 March 2012
Driver Line Manager - South London
Our client whom are a Leading Train Operator in the UK currently require a customer focussed manager to lead & manage a designated group of drivers to deliver a high performing work force. Candidates must have prior management experience however do not need to have rail experience. You will be put on several courses to bring you up to speed with management in the rail sector.
In this role you will lead & manage a designated group of drivers as part of a team of Line Mangers to deliver a high performing work force in line with our client's specific standards in safety, performance & customer service expectations. You will report into the Depot Operations Manager.
Key aspects of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- To implement customer service standards that change culture & raise the professionalism of the drivers.
- Develop a first class customer service environment that delivers excellent service to our customers.
- Enhance on-board experience or our customers, resulting in repeat business & provision of customers.
- Drive team performance through excellent engagement & utilise the attendance procedure, improving performance, individual grievance & the disciplinary procedures as appropriate to ensure fair treatment & improved performance.
- Maintain effective control of driver performance from both safety & retail perspectives.
- Line Management of drivers dealing with individual performance reviews, briefings, welfare, disciplinary, grievance & poor performance matters.
- Review accident & incident statistics & analyse any trends identified.
- Ensure co-operations of you & your colleagues with Network Rail.
Salary & Package
£34,000 - £36,000 per year
+ Contributory Pension Scheme
+ Free & Discounted Rail Travel
This is a day's based role working Monday to Friday.
- You must have line management experience managing 25+ staff minimum
- You must be Customer focused with strong business awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills & experienced negotiator
- Ability to interpret financial statements.
- Report & letter writing skills
- Innovative, creative & highly motivated.
- Ability to establish rapport & credibility at all levels within the company
You must be capable of passing a stringent drugs, alcohol & medical screening. You must also be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please give me a call on 01332 861 856 or forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
People who looked at this rail vacancy were also interested in...