This vacancy has expired and you can now no longer apply, to view similar current vacancies please use the link provided below.
View similar vacancies
||Milton Keynes, GB
||c£25,000 - £35,000
||15 March 2012
||Network Rail Ltd
The salary for this position is c£25,000 - £35,000
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From the rejuvenation of King’s Cross station and the upgrade and expansion of Thameslink, to Europe’s largest civil engineering project – Crossrail - we are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures the UK has ever seen. This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel and make a massive difference to passengers and freight users right across Britain.
Asset Management – Asset Information
Network Rail's Asset Information vision is to serve Network Rail as the trusted source of asset-related information and insight, from which informed business decisions can be made to balance risk, performance and funding.
In order to meet its business objectives and support the needs of its industry partners, Network Rail requires high quality asset information to safely and efficiently plan, design, change, manage and operate the rail infrastructure.
In 2009 the Asset Information business function was created within engineering as a collective of diverse asset systems and data management teams which were formerly dispersed across the business.
Department & how it relates to the role:
Manage and co-ordinate the identification and prioritisation of Asset Information risk consistent with corporate risk management frameworks and facilitate the development of appropriate mitigation actions; liaise with internal and external stakeholders on wider industry risk and to co-ordinate Asset Information responses to formal investigations and associated review panels.
1. Manage and co-ordinate the identification and prioritisation of Asset Information risk consistent with corporate risk management frameworks
2. Facilitate the development of treatment plans and actions by risk owners; monitor the progress of plans and deliver periodic management reports on risks and progress against plans
3. Maintain corporate and Asset Information risk registers and undertake risk reviews in accordance with the applicable standards and processes
4. Undertake qualitative and quantitative risk assessments on Asset Information activities and development opportunities; provide specialist risk assessment advise to managers as required
5. Represent Asset Information on corporate risk steering and working groups
6. Liaise with the RSSB and other external organisations on cross-industry risk and manage the provision of asset information to support risk processes and models
7. Facilitate Asset Information participation in internal and external Formal Investigations; co-ordinate and monitor the progress of formal recommendations for which Asset Information is in the lead
8. Represent Asset Information on the National Recommendations Review Panel and act as the point of contact for the Review Panel and recommendation leads
Assist with other risk and recommendation-related activities as required.
· A level, or equivalent, in relevant subjects
· Must have experience of risk management and assessment methodologies
· Good analytical and quantitative/qualitative assessment skills
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and report writing skills
· Proven ability to work systematically and meet deadlines
· Degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in a numerate discipline
· Proven ability to work with senior management to understand their requirements
· Good knowledge of the Network Rail’s risk management processes and systems
· Knowledge of asset and information management
What can we offer you….?
At Network Rail, you have the chance to develop a long, rewarding career. There are many different career paths - and many opportunities to fulfill your potential. After all, we believe that investing in our people via training and development is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railways. You can expect competitive pay, a bonus scheme and a choice of contributory pension schemes. We also offer a generous annual leave package, plus up to 75% discount on season rail tickets.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
People who looked at this rail vacancy were also interested in...