Head of Engineering
This vacancy has expired and you can now no longer apply, to view similar current vacancies please use the link provided below.
View similar vacancies
||London, Greater London, England
||£75k per year
||2 February 2012
Head of Engineering (Rail) - London
Our client whom are a leading rail organisation in the UK require a Head of Engineering to oversee the engineering & technical aspects of traction & rolling stock maintenance & repair of our clients fleet.
In this position you will ensure that our clients engineering standard & procedures are applied under the post holder's area of control to ensure that the traction & rolling stock meet the provisions of mandatory Railway Group & our clients standards & codes of practice.
Key accountabilities of the role but are not limited to the following:
• Lead the strategy for maintenance & overhaul of our clients traction & rolling stock with due regard for safety, reliability cost & availability of a serviceable fleet.
• Provide assistance, guidance, advice & support in a professional engineering capacity to ensure hat the engineering activity is conducted with due regard for safety & good engineering practice.
• Undertake reviews of maintenance regimes were applicable due to changes in fleet performance.
• Provide Health & Safety Management of subordinate staff, including safety briefing, objective setting & monitoring etc.
• Participate in industry standards & steering groups as required.
• Identify areas of concern where compliance is in doubt & direct audit to verify compliance of internal & external suppliers, systems & processes.
• Interpret, develop T&RS standards for our clients use.
• Maintain knowledge of changes in legislation, standards & processes & where possible influence their development for our clients benefit.
• Direct technical investigation & report on incidents, failures & defects.
• Prioritise, lead & direct the major projects engineer to ensure that the key strategic projects are delivered in support of the business.
• Liaise with T&RS engineer to ensure the interface between major project & non-major project is not compromised.
Salary & Package
+ Company Car
+ Contributory Pension Scheme
+ Performance Related Bonus
• Several years broadly based experience of Traction & Rolling Stock
• Experience in a supervisory or man-management & the ability to make sound engineering decisions.
• Ideally you need to be a Chartered Engineer in electrical or mechanical engineering.
Please give me a call on 01332 861 856 or forward your application to email@example.com
People who looked at this rail vacancy were also interested in...